Thursday, April 26, 2007

Meeting with principle director ICT

This morning I was invited for a breakfast meeting with the Principle Director of ICT to talk about my ideas of LINUX on desktops (6000) within the office.
I had the opportunity to express my ideas. It was well received. The PD's reaction was nevertheless withholding. The company's users do not like change. And moving to Linux on the desktops (workstations) would mean a drastic change. The 3 Million annual saving is peanuts in comparison to the risks of failure at the migration time.
Open Office however is to be investigated as an alternative for Microsoft's Office products.
Today marks as start for the tool selection project which I will lead.
I hope the project members to be able to work during my holiday.

Reims ....prepare for invasion of the Dutch!

No comments: